Go Down

Topic: Beginner questions -- How to get a PCB shield manufactured (Read 19 times) previous topic - next topic

DanielC

Hello,

I am trying to learn how to get a basic Arduino shield manufactured. Some of my questions are about Cradsoft Eagle, and some are about the manufacturing step. I hope this is the correct forum for my questions.

(1) Cradsoft Eagle: I found the Arduino Shield Scaffold made by Garrett in 2008. It is designed for the Arduino Diecimila (it shows where the parts on the Diecimila board that extend higher than the female headers). Is there a newer scaffold designed for recent boards like the Uno?

(2) Cradsoft Eagle: How do I do a copper fill? I know that it's possible to get an entire layer of a PCB filled with copper and then you just carve the tracks on top of that. I know that this is often used to make it easy to supply power or ground to components without having long tracks going in all directions. But I haven't figured out how to do that in Eagle.

(3) Manufacturing: How do you actually get an Arduino board manufactured? I have learned how to produce Gerber files and how to submit them to a PCB manufacturer like Seeed Studio. But that's just the PCB. You still need all the actual components that go on top. I guess to start, I would solder the bits myself, in which case I just need to figure out how to order components and get them delivered to my home (help?)

But if I ever wanted to make a bunch of shields and have a company make them for me, I would need to arrange for some company to have both the PCBs and the electronic bits and manufacture them for me. How would I make that happen?

I am happy to read tutorials to learn how these things work. I would welcome any help you can offer.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy