Go Down

Topic: Getting from rough to polished. Resources for 3D design and CNC services? (Read 175 times) previous topic - next topic

RyanN

I've got a product in an advanced prototype stage. Advanced enough that I have been selling them, but they are still time consuming to build, a bit fragile and don't look nearly as professional as I would like.
The PCB part is fine. I've got nice custom PCBs and the volume is low enough I don't mind hand assembly its the hardware that needs help. I realize this may not be the best forum to ask this but perhaps someone can point me to a more appropriate forum or resource.

My product is a low volume high margin scientific instrument for use under water. As such, the housing is pretty specialized. I've got a local machinist making parts for me from 2D drawings I made but I'd like to turn this into an improved 3D model I can have made by a CNC machine.

I suspect most major cities have resources for this, but I live in a pretty remote area.

Chagrin

shapeways.com for a first build. For your first runs you can look at protomold.com for plastic things or emachineshop.com for metal things.

cloxart

Hello Ryan,
I can surely make a professional 3D model for you. Contact me if you are interested

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy