Go Down

Topic: CNC machine (Read 85 times) previous topic - next topic

zambo18

Hi to everyone,
It's my first time I'm working with an arduino, and  am trying to build a cnc machine.
I'm using an Atmega328P and 3 stepper motors I found in 3 old cd-drives, but I learned that I need some stepper motor drivers to make arduino dealing with the motors. Someone suggested me I have to use Easy Stepper Motor Driver but I do not know which model I have to use.
This project is not mine, but I am trying to make something similar o this:
http://www.tinkernut.com/portfolio/hack-old-cd-roms-into-a-cnc-machine/#lightbox[9633]/12/
I am sorry if this is not the right section but it is the first time I am using this forum, and I am sorry for my english.
I'd be very glad If someone cuold help me
Thank you
Alessandro

WL888

Alessandro
I only come onto this site occasionally, am surprised you didn't get an answer before this.
There are several projects similar to what you want to make on this forum,, search for CNC and you will find them, other than that look on YouTube for mini CNC, plenty there.

I have built several CNC bench top machines but not from salvaged DVD drive and each one is an improvement, I am now using Arduino UNO and believe it is the best control system so far.

These are the core components:
search on Ebay for the best price.

Driver 3 required.
DRV8825 purple version

Driver Shield 1 required
CNC Shield for DRV8825

Limit switches 6 required

Arduino UNO R3 or cheaper clone 1 required

You can build the machine as the video shows and use the drivers they use but the items i have listed will simply plug together

You will also need a computer and a Sender program, may I suggest UGS Platform, it is a very good option and is continually being upgraded, also, it is free.

Hope this helps.
Doug

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy