Go Down

Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread (Read 163854 times) previous topic - next topic

avenue33

I'd like to upgrade my Arduino IDE from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6.  Anything special I need to do with embedxcode so it works properly?

No, nothing special. embedXcode will consider the new [font=Courier]Arduino.app[/font].

Namaan

Avenue33, thank you so much for your help. Everything works perfectly now.
I will test on an arduino board on monday.

apple877

Hi I tried do update embedXcode to use it with Yosemite and Xcode 6 but compiling just doesn't work.
I've downloaded the installer from your website and installed it.
Now I opened a project which I created with embedXcode under Xcode 5.1 and I tried du Build it. The Build fails with exit code 2.
Here is a picture:click
Please help :). It didn't update since 171 how can I fully uninstall embedXcode and reinstall it ?

apple877

avenue33

Oct 30, 2014, 12:24 am Last Edit: Oct 31, 2014, 04:36 pm by avenue33
@apple877

Sorry for the late answer. Release 171 is a very old version and there has been Xcode 5 in between.

Here's the procedure:
  • Create a new project with the same name, ProjectA.
  • Copy-paste the corresponding files from the old project to the new project: the main sketch ProjectA.ino and the local libraries.
  • Edit the main makefile of the new project to add the libraries you plan to use, for example the application and user's libraries.
  • Optionally, edit the main makefile of the new project to customise the options, for example the warning options.
Should you need more details, please open a ticket at the Help Desk?

avenue33

Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2014, 10:46 pm by avenue33
New release 2.3 of embedXcode support the Little Robot Friends board and includes many stability improvements for Arduino boards.

cdalvaro

This is the first time I write in this forum so hello everybody, and thank you for your help!

You can see my problem in the attachment.

I'm using an Arduino Uno board, with Xcode 6.1, OS X 10.10.1, and the IDE for Arduino with version 1.06.

I don't really know what to do with the error, so any help will be welcome.

Anyway thank you for your time!

avenue33

Dec 06, 2014, 03:56 pm Last Edit: Dec 06, 2014, 03:57 pm by avenue33
Hi!

Sorry for the late answer.

I can't manage to replicate the issue with current version 2.3.2 of embedXcode.

• Which release of embedXcode are you using?
  • Which board are you trying to compile for?

Feel free to use the Help Portal.

fletort

Hello,
great job, i am new in mac world (come from windows) and very happy with your solution.

Some problems and questions anyway :

I am trying to make a library directly with some different sketch in subfolder example.
It seems not possible to do that with your solution ?

If i try to put my sketch (ino file) in a subfolder this one is no more detected (i updated the include of the main.cpp). The sketch need to be at the base folder of the project ? This is quite unusual in a library.

After, i think that all source code are always compilated, buikld target selection seems not used, isn't it ?
So even if i success to have multiple ino file in some different subfolder (different example for my library), it seems impossible to select which on is used to be compilated ?

If i understand well, with this solution, i need to make one project for the library , then one project for each example ? Is this the solution ?

ANyway, great job ! thanks for that.

Fabien

avenue33

Dec 19, 2014, 01:58 pm Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014, 01:59 pm by avenue33
great job, i am new in mac world (come from windows) and very happy with your solution.
You're welcome!

I'm not sure to understand all your questions. I'll try my best.

I am trying to make a library directly with some different sketch in subfolder example.
It seems not possible to do that with your solution ?
A project has one unique .ino sketch and as many .h + .cpp libraries.
Depending on the edition you're using, libraries can be placed in sub-folders and selected or ignored.

If i try to put my sketch (ino file) in a subfolder this one is no more detected (i updated the include of the main.cpp). The sketch need to be at the base folder of the project ? This is quite unusual in a library.
For the embed1 project, the unique embed1.ino sketch should be under embed1/embed1/embed1.ino.

After, i think that all source code are always compilated, buikld target selection seems not used, isn't it ?
So even if i success to have multiple ino file in some different subfolder (different example for my library), it seems impossible to select which on is used to be compilated ?
Which target selection are you referring to?
Again, a project has one unique .ino sketch and as many .h + .cpp libraries.

If i understand well, with this solution, i need to make one project for the library , then one project for each example ? Is this the solution ?
Yes.
A project is not a workspace.

Feel free to use the Help Portal.

Go Up