Go Down

Topic: Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches (Read 209664 times) previous topic - next topic

Jantje

@vncoelho
There are only a very few differences between Sloeber and the arduino ide. Most of them involve .ino files and/or defines.
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

vncoelho

I see, I prefer to use the .cpp files, it is mainly a matter of rearranging the functions.

But, at the end, do you know why the UNO board didn't work properly? Why the Mega seems to be providing the right compilation for my Arduino UNO board?

Jantje

But, at the end, do you know why the UNO board didn't work properly? Why the Mega seems to be providing the right compilation for my Arduino UNO board?
I think your lack of experience with sloeber leaded a wrong perception.
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Jim S.

Quick question on a behavior in Sloeber - not sure if this is a Sloeber-specific thing, or an Eclipse/CDT-specific thing. (I know it doesn't behave this way when working in Java in Eclipse).

I tend to use the Project Explorer view to navigate to specific elements of a file (such as a variable or function declaration) - I double-click the file in the Explorer to open it, then expand it in the Explorer, then I find the element I'm looking for, double-click it, and the editor conveniently jumps to that point in the opened file. I then proceed to screw up whatever it is I'm intent on screwing up in the code, then anxiously hit the Compile button to see exactly how badly I screwed things up, or if I hit the lottery, and it compiles. :-) However, by having clicked on an element under the file in Explorer, I'm greeted instead with a dialog explaining, "No project found to build", and I then need to close that dialog, then select a .cpp or .h file in the Explorer, then hit the Compile button again to discover my actual fate.

It seems that there should be some kind of smarts in the process to recognize that if I've selected an element in a file in the project, that I really do want to compile that project, but the element-level selection seems to make Eclipse/CDT/Sloeber lose track of the fact that I'm still in a file in the project. Is this a bug or a feature?

I'm trying to get in the habit of using the Outline view to navigate to elements in the active file, but old habits are hard to break.

Thanks!

splynncryth

I hope I'm posting in the right place since this is where the Sloeber page directed me. I've tried looking through this tread but at 57 pages, it's hard to check everything.

I need to ask about getting libraries I download in the Arduino IDE to be imported into Sloeber.
I deleted one library thinking I needed to replace it to fix an error but I could not get it to reappear in the list of libraries to import into a sketch even after restoring the library and I can't get any libraries I download after installing Sloeber to show up in the list of libraries to import into a sketch.
Is there a way to get these libraries to show up in the list of importable libraries short of a complete Sloeber reinstall?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy