Go Down

Topic: Picture failed security checks? (Read 239 times) previous topic - next topic

PaulRB

Feb 16, 2019, 03:02 pm Last Edit: Feb 16, 2019, 03:04 pm by PaulRB
I got this message while trying to upload a picture:

Here are details of the image:

Other pictures taken with the same device at the same resolution, were accepted.

What check did it fail?

Robin2

That problem usually means that the JPG includes EXIF data from a camera. Try converting it to a PNG file. Or create a completely new JPG from the original.

...R
Simple Image Upload Guide
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PaulRB

That problem usually means that the JPG includes EXIF data from a camera.
That's strange, because the other 4 pictures that uploaded OK would also have had EXIF data, just like the rejected one.

But thanks for the tip. Its a pain to do, though, if you are using a smartphone and don't have an app that will do that conversion.

Robin2

That's strange, because the other 4 pictures that uploaded OK would also have had EXIF data, just like the rejected one.
I don't know why the EXIF data causes a problem - maybe it is when the security software detects a particular phrase.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MAS3

EXIF data from a smartphone, also includes your location while taking that picture.
A few years ago i told some person in this forum that his Huawei P6 made some crap photos.
Scared the heck out of him.
I could also see where he was in Britain, but i didn't need to tell him that.
So EXIF data is a security issue all right, but unknown to the clueless user posting the picture.

Some don't care about that, but who knows for sure what results turn up if Google and the likes start processing and selling this kind of data ?
Photo location with GPS accuracy is of no interest in any thread in this forum that i can think of.

So that might be (part of) why this security check is performed.
But it would be nice if the message would be more informative, i'll gladly agree with that.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

PaulRB

Hmmm... I smell Machine Learning...

Robin2

Hmmm... I smell Machine Learning...
Their little brains get very hot, poor things  :)

...R

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Go Up