Go Down

Topic: FREE Monthly Arduino Magazine (Read 125 times) previous topic - next topic

devfactor

Arduino Friends, 

Much like you, I am a big fan of technology. I taught myself to write code at an early age, and it led me to a lot of awesome career opportunities. Since than, I've become very interested in Arduino, DIY Electronics and lower level programming. But unfortunately, there aren't as many good resources on the web to learn about low level programming and electronics. 

I wanted to help everyone out by pitching in my part and creating somewhere where people can learn about Arduino, DIY electronics and hobby programming for free. So I started a monthly magazine newsletter (a very pretty graphical one!), and designed a beautiful front-end for a website to display free tutorials. 

I started developing this site about a year ago, and launched it one month ago. Since than, I've seen over 5000 visitors each viewing ~5 pages, and almost 100 subscribers to our monthly publication.

The site is www.devfactor.net, and its free forever. I have banded together with some of my friends in the tech industry who all have backgrounds from companies like Microsoft, AMD, Intel - and we are working together to actively improve the site and its contents. 

Every dollar in affiliate income will go back into the servers, the site, and the authors so I'm not taking even a penny here. I am building this project because I'm very passionate about building cool new things and I want to create a better outlet for learning and sharing projects.

If this is something you like, please share it with your friends and help us grow. 

If you are interested in becoming an author, and writing about your Arduino projects feel free to contact us under the "contact" tab and I promise I'll get back to you :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Coding Badly

Oct 21, 2014, 10:29 pm Last Edit: Oct 21, 2014, 10:31 pm by Coding Badly
http://www.devfactor.net/2014/10/18/review-arduino-uno-entry-level-diy-board/

No stickers and with a cable.  That coupled with this...

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B006H06TVG/ref=acr_dpx_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
List Price: $79.99

...makes me suspect you are promoting counterfeit boards.

devfactor

Oct 21, 2014, 10:58 pm Last Edit: Oct 21, 2014, 11:11 pm by devfactor
No I said that the Yun I received did not come with cables. The Uno I reviewed was fine.
The Uno I reviewed was an Authentic Rev-3 with the reset in the upper left hand corner, stickers and cables. It has a light blue color and was made in Italy.

That being said, if you can find multiple people who received counterfeits from that seller - I would gladly search for another seller to link to.

Coding Badly

The problem, as is made evident by the comments, is that purchasing an Arduino from Amazon is a gamble.

Go Up