Go Down

Topic: Need a board designed and programmed (RGB LEDs/Charlieplexing) - Happy to pay (Read 108 times) previous topic - next topic

sydcomebak

Feb 03, 2016, 08:56 pm Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016, 10:38 pm by sydcomebak Reason: Added Eagle ScreenCap
I need a 1"x1" board with:

- an ATMEGA328-AU
- 8 RGB LEDs (4 per side in each corner of the board)
- a coin cell holder for a CR2032 on the opposite side of the ATMEGA328
- A single momentary pushbutton
- exposed pinout to be able to change the onboard sketch of the 328.

The premise is to have a circuit that lights with the longpush (2000ms) of the button and change all 8 LEDs to different colors with a shortpress.

Here's the trickier part of the sketch:  I want to try and Charlieplex or multiplex the RGB LEDs so that programmers can light fewer LEDs, or combine colors, or create blink patterns, etc.  I want the hardware to be set so that there is the most flexibility available for software.

Please have a PCB printer in mind and an easy to collect parts list for an assembler.

I hope I explained this well.  Please reply with any questions and any offers for the job.

Also, I'm flexible on the design.  If Charlieplexing isn't the right way to go, fine!  Just as long as your design meets my requirements, me=happy.

Thanks, everyone!

I believe that minus resistors and the coin cell, the attached schematic is correct for Charlieplexing...

codlink

Shoot me an email if your still looking, trevor@rossrobotics.com
//LiNK

CrossRoads

How abou the 328P and 9 WS2812B RGB LEDs, 8  bit PWM built into the RGB controller, no resistors needed, no messing with charlieplexing, just send out 27 bytes of data when you want a color change.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

sydcomebak

How abou the 328P and 9 WS2812B RGB LEDs, 8  bit PWM built into the RGB controller, no resistors needed, no messing with charlieplexing, just send out 27 bytes of data when you want a color change.

That looks really good!  So if I wanted to go 4 on each side, and a 1632 battery on the other side, I could change each LED individually, or all at once, etc, You could find room for a single button, and I can upload code straight from the Arduino IDE?

CrossRoads

Too bad WS2812B wants 5V.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

sydcomebak

Too bad WS2812B wants 5V.
What are my options if that is the case?  I need to probably use the CR1632 as people can find them to replace when they run out, they are a good size, but 3.3v...

CrossRoads

Maybe a 20mm battery holder and 5V boost regulator elevated above it?

2032 not really made for large current draw, I think a 800-1000mA Lipo would work better, and be rechargable too.

CrossRoads

Could squeeze in a small ICSP header somewhere, or maybe a small FTDI header, connect to one or the other with an adapter cable to mate to standard equipment. Install bootloader with a programming adapter:

Need a small button too. Side press mounted on the back?

CrossRoads

sydcomebak

How big of a battery are we talking about?  How long would a charge last?  My budget is probably about $500.  Space is the main concern with durability being 2nd.

CrossRoads

Here's a 1000mAH battery, it's 1 3/8" x 2"
8 LEDs drawing 60mA (full on white) = 480mA, so maybe it'd last about 2 hours.

sydcomebak

WAAAAAY too big.  The space I have to work with is about the size of a tinyduino with 2 shields.

CrossRoads

sydcomebak

:(  I'm sorry, that's beyond the price point I want for production. 

Let's see if we can find a RGB solution for a 1632 coin cell, please.

CrossRoads

http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/cr1632.pdf
It's intended for 0.19mA drain. That's not a realistic current source for LEDs which need 2-3mA to light up. 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy