Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Very first Arduino + breadboard project [Temperature sensor + RGB LED + Buzzer]  (Read 29 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Let me introduce myself to the community, my name is Josh and I am a senior in highschool. I've always had a thing for electronics but never understood how it all worked so I signed up for electronic basics class. We go over all the components and what not, and we solder a lot. I got an Arduino Uno on Christmas, and never really touched it until now because I had no clue how to use it.

This is my very first project with Arduino, using what came with the basic starter kit. It's a very simple project, but I still feel accomplished. You gotta start somewhere.

All it does is read the temperature using a TMP36 sensor and using a set of intervals I have it light up a RGB LED (Triple color). Red is >= 80 Fahrenheit, Green is 70 Fahrenheit >= and <= 80 Fahrenheit, and Blue is <= 70 Fahrenheit.  When it gets above 80 Fahrenheit it'll change to red and blink, and so on...

I didn't really need to draw a schematic because it was very basic to set up. I have four components, and 8 wires. Anyway, here's a picture of the set up. No video this time, I don't think I need one..

* 20141002_030756.jpg (158.75 KB, 640x480 - viewed 6 times.)

Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

It's a very simple project, but I still feel accomplished. You gotta start somewhere.

Well done and thanks for the share.

The Elders of the Internet know who I am
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: