Go Down

Topic: My modifications to Starter Kit. (Read 88 times) previous topic - next topic

Mar 28, 2015, 01:21 pm Last Edit: Mar 28, 2015, 01:23 pm by alvaromat Reason: Adding links
Let me introduce myself: I'm a computer engineering student from Spain and I have just acquired an Arduino Starter Kit to learn about micro controllers and electronics. I have noticed that the projects included in the book are very basic and don't teach a lot of programming neither electronics, so I've decided to tune the code of the projects and to share it (I don't know a lot about electronics, for that reason I will now only improve the code).
I know that my improvements are very basic and most users will probably find them useless, but if they help only one person I will be satisfied.
For all the modifications I assume that you have successful built the project as it is in the book.

Also I hope that this series of "tutorials" helps me learning English and expressing myself in this language. If you find that I use a colloquial expression or I just express myself bad send me a PM with your corrections, I will be very grateful.

Now it's time to begin.

Spaceship Interface (Only code modifications)
After modification:

Now yellow and red leds flicker like if, after firing a rocket, it chases the objective by a random time, and then all the leds are on telling us that the objective has been destroyed.
Video of the result: youtube
Link to the code: code in Github
The explanations are included in the code as comments
What can you learn?
  • Using preprocessor constants. Using this constants is the same as using the Find and replace tool of a text editor. They help us making our code more readable.
  • Using randomSeed(...) and random(min, max); to generate random numbers.
  • Using a for loop to repeat some sentences without writing them several times
  • Using your own method/function/procedure (The "shoot()" function)

Any doubt? Feel free to ask!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy