1. I see videos mentioning to use AVR. Does AVR and PIC are completely different.?
I see them constantly mentioning that AVR is from Amtel and PIC is from MicroChip. So does that mean Arduino cannot be used to program a PIC microcontroller ??
3. Does bootloader necessarily have to be flashed into an PIC to make it usable ? if NO, then what is the advantages of flashing a boot loader and not ?
4. When I am still waiting for my gear to arrive, I am expecting that the arduino that I am buying is going to have the arduino boot loader flashed. But wanted to know if there is a way to verify if it is flashed properly ?
5. Once ISP sketch is flashed into arduino, how to revert back ? (Meaning, using the arduino as a programmer, how to use it as a old arduino to interface with various shields.)
6. If I am multiplexing ~20 7 segment displays, will it incur flickering or dullness ?
7. Does multiplexer and shift registers are same or they are different ??
Can you kindly provide more info / a comprehensive link on how to multiplex multiple 7 seg displays ?