Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: FTDI chip communicate with arduino softwareserial  (Read 399 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello guys, professionals, geeks, and gentlemen. I've encounter a question that make me doubt and stuck in a loop for so long.
I have a device using FTDI usb-232 to communicate and control with PC via USB. Example, I send out command <STX>0001<ETX> from PC to device and the device do some job accordingly. Since then, I wonder if I can use arduino to replace PC, and it send out commands from micrcontroller to the device?

I'd try using a FTDI chip interface with arduino (*tested on PC, communicate successful), and then USB (arduino) connect to USB (device). It didn't work.

Anyone know how to communicate with a FTDI-built device? Do I need a HOST usb arduino to work it? smiley-roll-sweat

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Do I need a HOST usb arduino to work it?
Yes

View Profile

Do I need a HOST usb arduino to work it?
Yes

Thanks! But does a Host usb can use it as COM? I thought Host usb only uses for keyboards, mouse, HID... Sorry, I'm not very good at this. Still doing research. Could not find any example or guides on Host usb communication with COM usb. smiley-confuse

View Profile

Hi,

Check this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB
I hope this will clear out how USB devices communicate.

You need USB host shield if you want to connect to FTDI chip through usb port.

Rudolf

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: