Go Down

Topic: [Problem] Comunication PC - Arduino Series 1 API mode (Read 540 times) previous topic - next topic

jepis

Hi everyone,

I´m just trying a simple comunication between the PC and the Arduino using a xbee series 1 in API mode.

I conected a xbee in a explorer usb and plugged to the computer. To send and receive comands I´m using the Java xbee-api. This xbee is configured as coordinator, by the X-CTU, as follows:

PAN ID: 2323
MY: 250
CE: 1
AP: 2

In the other side I have an Arduino Uno and a xbee conected by a xbee shield. I´m using the 0.3 xbee-api Arduino to send and receive data from xbee. This xbee is configured as a end device, by the X-CTU, as follows:

PAN ID: 2323
MY: 100
CE: 0
AP: 2

Then I tried to establish a comunication between them in two diferent ways:

First I ran the ApiSenderExample in the JAVA api and configured the correct parameters and uploaded the Series_1 RX Example on Arduino. So, the sender sent the packet and received the ACK sucessfully, but the Arduino can´t recognize any data received. The xbee´s can comunicate each other but the Arduino can´t read.

The other way, I ran the ApiReceiverExample in the Java api and uploaded the Series_1 TX on Arduino. In that way I had nothing working. The coordinator don´t receive anything. One thing that I´ve seen is that the leds DIN,DOUT an RSSI from the shield (sender) don´t flash any moment.

So, what am I doing wrong? The codes that I used are attached and the xbee firmware is 10E6.

Att,

Jean Furtado Soares

PaulS

Series 1 models are normally configured setting MY and DL. MY on one is DL on the other. Neither value should be 0.

jepis

Series 1 models are normally configured setting MY and DL. MY on one is DL on the other. Neither value should be 0.

I configured that when I was using the transparent mode. Even in the API mode I have to config this?

PaulS

I configured that when I was using the transparent mode. Even in the API mode I have to config this?

I'm not sure. Can't hurt.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy