Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help for school project  (Read 599 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all,

I need help for school project. I want to make usb alarm with temperature, humidity and gas sensor. Which parts do i need to buy. I know i need board, but which one and what sensors.

thanx

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Uno will do, can act as slave USB port to a PC (that is, you can send messages out, but you cannot control a USB memory stick (without more hardware)).
Search www.sparkfun.com for "sensor" they have a variety and some are sure to meet your requirements.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

The term 'gas sensor' so vague as to be almost meaningless, and you've given no information about what sort of range, precision or environmental requirements you have for the other sensors. Once you know what you're trying to measure, you will need to do some research to see what sensors meets your requirements. For example searching for "Arduino humidity sensor" would give you hundreds of thousands of hits including worked examples using Arduino.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile

Figaro makes a complete line of different gas sensors, and these are sold by different
companies, such as Parallax and others.
http://www.figarosensor.com/

View Profile

I talking about>
FC-22-1 Harmful Gas Detector Sensor Module for Arduino
DS18B20 Digital Temperature Sensor Module for Arduino
Flame Fire Detector Sensor for Arduino board

which board i need to conect via usb to PC to read parametar

the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile

The Arduino UNO bds that CR mentioned connect to USB. You will probably want to use a
prototyping shield to wire up your sensors.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Uno, has USB interface for downloading sketches and for sending data back out.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Thanx for the fast answers. I will buy Arduino UNO and sensors, but i want to know will i get any software with that.

View Profile

Could u please read like 5min the stuff on the arduino main site? "getting started" or "learning" maybe click on download and see whats there
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:35:56 pm by lax123 » Logged

Johannesburg UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile

I will buy Arduino UNO and sensors, but i want to know will i get any software with that.

Well as lax says, the main site explains about the software which when you install will have a heap of sample code.

But along with the Arduino and sensors you'll need a means of protoyping the whole thing. As a minimum I'd suggest a breadboard and a box of jumpers. Get some LEDs and resistors too, so you can do at least some of the basic exercises before you dive in to the sensors. Maybe think about getting one of the starter packs which include various odds-and-ends.

You'll also need to consider power for your sensors: check to see if they can be powered from the Arduino and maybe get an external battery or other power pack.

Have you looked for answers in the Learning, Reference, Products and Playground tabs on http://arduino.cc/en/ ?
Look here http://electronicsclub.info/ for basic electronics

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: