Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Receiving Different IR Codes From Same Remote/Button  (Read 2381 times)
texas
God Member
old, but not dead
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I just pressed the same button 25x and these are the values I received,

3653895 - 14 Times
421066283 - 1 Time
615415119 - 2 Times
604317718 - 2 Times
1358155102 - 1 Time
35434315 - 1 Time
609534435 - 2 Times
325791992 - 2 Times

Well that can't be right in my opinion.  Since the new library was just released on the 16th, I suspect you are looking at a bug.

It's been a little while, but I've looked at well over a dozen different remote controls on a scope and with linux.  I have never seen anything that should result in differences like that.  It's common for the protocol to flip a bit between transmissions or even send a final code after you let up from holding the key.  I never saw anything that would be that difficult to cope with.  Something seems amiss, but try a different remote control if you can.

Experience, it's what you get when you were expecting something else.

View Profile

Did you ever get a solution here? I'm trying the exact same thing--And seeing, as you did, different values each time.

texas
God Member
old, but not dead
View Profile

Did you ever get a solution here? I'm trying the exact same thing--And seeing, as you did, different values each time.

What kind of remote are you using?  I have the same problem myself now with the U-verse remote.  I did some digging, and I think the problem is that the remote is sending more than 32 bits which seems to freak out the library.  I saw where somebody said they made a change in the library somewhere and worked for them, but I don't know any more than that.  I'd like to fix mine too, so keep this thread alive if you find a solution.

View Profile

Supposedly Samsung remotes use 38kHz. When I use the IR library I have to output raw codes to see them with my Samsung remote. It works--I see codes--but they are different every time. Any suggestions?

View Profile

@afremont --Its a samsung remote for my Time Warner DVR box. When I output raw codes I can see them just fine. After some digging it does appear that the samsung remote is using 38kHz carrier frequency, which would be compatible with the IR receiver I am using-- https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10266

texas
God Member
old, but not dead
View Profile

Even if you were off frequency several kHz, it would still work with reduced range is all.  So you are saying that the RAW values (strings of CSV numbers that are negative and positive integers) are consistently received?  If so, I believe you can have the library send the data from that format, but it still doesn't help you receive them.  It sounded like a simple change to raise the number of bits to 64 from the post I read.  Of course, after glancing thru the code, I didn't see it that way.  They had left an important piece out of their post; namely which specific format to modify.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

I've seen "universal" remotes that broadcast several different codes for each button press (hoping one of them will work, presumably). Maybe that's the problem.

It would be easy to see if you connect an oscilloscope to the leg of the IR receiver.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

View Profile

Keep in mind that those short numbers are just the library's attempt at figuring out an unknown protocol and condensing it into a more manageable form.  If it's not working, you'll need to take a look at the unencoded version of the signal.  If you look at it in raw on/off pulse times, patterns should emerge.  The code could be too long, it could be sending in two short bursts, or you could have even found a bug.  You won't know until you look at the actual signal and figure out why it isn't being handled properly.

View Profile

I just discovered something--if I am too close to the sensor (3 feet), I get inconsistent results. 5 or so feet and I get consistent results. Odd.

View Profile

Following up:
http://matthewrupert.net/2013/03/13/arduinoir/

View Profile

I am using the IR remote sensor library.  Everything works fine. Now I want that when I press my KEY numbered ' 1 ' on IR remote and successively press the other e.g. volume + , what should be done to to read this complete procedure.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: