Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ATMega1284p new chip fuse selections in AVR Studio 4.13  (Read 1494 times)
Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The main problems in the thread talking about crystals and serial issues was that the crystal pins need to be shielded from the serial pins. In short, have a ground ring around the crystal/capacitor circuit and have the crystal as close to the chip as possible. Atleast that is my take on it.

My take away from the people having the problems was that the fuse byte change seemed to be the most effective and simple solution. I wasn't seeing the problem on my Boburino 1284P board but changed the fuse setting just as a precaution.

Lefty

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

So its just my hardware that the fuses work correctly for?  I must have the golden touch.

You are indeed the Jedi-fencer of 1284P PCB designs.  smiley-grin

Lefty

Rapa Nui
Edison Member
Pukao hats cleaning services
View Profile

..beginner's luck, maybe smiley smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Right, so I can take this simple "island of holes" board, wirewrap it up, bring in power via an FTDI module, bootload it via an AVR ISP MKii, then download a sketch via the FTDI module, and I'm the only one in the whole forum able to get this to work?

Chip is date coded 1050.

Here's my 1284 board files and the entry from boards.txt.  Maybe there's something different about my bootloader file?

* IMG_2610.JPG (1292.53 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 18 times.)

* IMG_2607.JPG (827.25 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 17 times.)
* optiboot_atmega1284p.hex (1.47 KB - downloaded 6 times.)
* pins_arduino.h (6.21 KB - downloaded 7 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: