Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Current Measurement Arduino  (Read 369 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I currently have an arduino uno and I am new to this whole thing. Is there anyway that I can measure the current running from the arduino to a breadboard without the use of a current sensor or any other external apparatus. I mainly want to use the analog pins to measure the current.
Any help would be appreciated, please try and include breadboard diagrams with your answers.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Is there anyway that I can measure the current running from the arduino to a breadboard without the use of a current sensor or any other external apparatus.
No.

View Profile

Alright so how can I measure the current then using the arduino and not an ammeter

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

It depends on the size of the current. The simplest way is to measure the voltage drop across a series resistor and then use ohms law to calculate the current.

The main disadvantage of this is that the resistor will drop a voltage and so reduce the voltage to what ever you are feeding it to.
Also unless the voltage is less than the supply voltage of the arduino you have to put it in the ground leg of the circuit which can give you ground troubles.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: