Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ARDUINO HOME SECURTY AND AUTOMATION PROJECT  (Read 1621 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

HI! I am a begginner at Arduino, and I am amaised on what nice projects people have developed.
I have ordered Arduino Mega and I am thinking to open a topic here if you can help me to put working my Idea.

I am considering to make a system that can work as:

1- intrusion Alarm
2- fire alarm
3- Home automation (power control).

This is a very useful project for anybody's home and I hope we can make here the total published project. (I will work on that).
So for this project I am considering the following items:
1. Arduino Mega 2560 (or any other if can handle all the pins)
2. Inputs:
     - 4x4 keyboard
     - MQ-2 Gas/smoke detector
     - Door Magnetic contact
     - PiR Motion detector
     - (other inputs compatible ex. tamper sw, etc)
3. Outputs:
     - LCD Display 16x2
     - old Nokia (other compatible phone with arduino)
     - Arduino relay
     - 220V Contactor/relay (20A)
     - Siren

I am attaching a picture of my "design" with those elements (you can give nice ideas to implement here).
Function:
1. Intrusion-fire alarm.
     - the system should have 2 state: armed/disarmed
     - should have at least 3 different zones: fire zones should be armed allways 24h, other zone is the motion detector and the other is the door magnetic contact.
     - the arduino should be configured to arm/disarm the alarm from the keypad (with a 4-5 code pin) and showing all info to the LCD
     - the system shoud have a configured time to be armed/disarmed (when you enter home should have time to enter code before the siren)
     - The system, when is activated and one of the sensor is in alarm, it should do 3 things:
     -      1. When the fire alarm it should sound with interruptions (or first buzzer for 10 seconds and after sound siren different from intrusion siren sound)
     -      2. When the intrusion is armed and activated it should sound immediately.
     -      3. When one of this systems is alarming (sounding siren) the arduino should send an SMS with the propper text message (FIRE, or INTRUSION as the zone)
     - Through keypad and LCD you should be able to Disarm (deactivate siren) after putting the code if intrusion and no code with fire alarm
     - all necessary messages can be displayed on the lcd.
2. Home Automation / Domotica
     - here we can do a lot of things but the simpliest thing in my mind is to toggle remotely through a SMS or a web interface, the power (220V) from the risky devices (lost iron on power plug, oven, ... etc, other risky devices that you can forgot running before living home)
     - I have a Wiznet Wiz107Sr that is a serial-ethernet connector. I sow that arduino can use Wiznet 5100 instead, I don't know if it's compatible.

So please, see the attachment design and give me any possible piece or instruction to put this project working.

best regards to all!

* Arduino Mega Project.png (1331.01 KB, 1722x1468 - viewed 242 times.)

Edison Member
View Profile

I don't want to disappoint you, but the idea is not new, it is more like a standard Arduino application.

You probably need to buy an Ethernet shield with the Wiznet 5100, so you can use the examples.
Many times also remote (wireless) controllers are added.
Do you know the home automation section of this forum, http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,16.0.html

View Profile

Hi! thanks for your reply. I was not talking about a new unexisting project. I told I am new with Arduino and I am considering to make a usefull working project from the begining to the end. Mos of the projects are pieces an I want to have an entire and useful working project.
I will appreciate if anybody can help me and be part of this.

Also I want to use (if it's possible) an existing Wiznet 107Sr because I have it right now. And also GSM shield is a good option, but if you want not to spend money and to recycle old phones for this is better.
Regards!

I don't want to disappoint you, but the idea is not new, it is more like a standard Arduino application.

You probably need to buy an Ethernet shield with the Wiznet 5100, so you can use the examples.
Many times also remote (wireless) controllers are added.
Do you know the home automation section of this forum, http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,16.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: