Go Down

Topic: Reading one RF remote and controlling multiple RGB LED strips (Read 721 times) previous topic - next topic

Feb 19, 2013, 03:52 pm Last Edit: Feb 19, 2013, 03:55 pm by Barracuda_82 Reason: 1
I've purchased a RGB LED strip with a RF remote and receiver, but this remote/receiver combo can only controll one strip and I want to place multiple strips in my living room. Also the default RGB programs of the controller s*ck and I want to program them myself. I am an experienced programmer, but I'm quite new to Arduino and hardware.

My plan is to replace the RF receiver/controller with an Arduino to read the RF signal and controll the LED strip. I then want to put an Arduino at every strip in the room and all read the same RF signal.

I want to buy three Arduino's with RF modules, but before buying all this stuff I want to know if it's possible what I want to do. A link to an article or tutorial on this topic would be even more awesome. I bet I'm not the first one in the world who wants to do this...

Edit: this is what the receiver and remote look like:

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy