Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A-GPS using ublox LEON-G100 GSM module  (Read 1079 times)
Orlando, FL
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Has anyone used the ublox LEON-G100 before?  From my understanding it has A-GPS that can give you long/lat positions form the GSM module as a built in feature derived from triangulation of the 3 cell towers.  I'm using an AT&T Sim card in it and I can get everything else working  but I can't figure out the AT commands to get long/lat of the module from the cell towers.  I understand it's not as accurate as using a GPS chip and my project also uses a GPS module but for times when GPS can't get a fix and during startup while the GPS can takes 30+ seconds to get a fix it would be nice to use the Assisted GPS feature of the GSM module.  Any help would be great.  If anyone knows the AT commands that would really help our a lot.

View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi stealthtransam,

I have the exact same problem. I bought GPRS Modem with Leon G100 on it. I figured out how to send AT commands via PC RS232 Terminal for SMS, Calls, ShortCodes etc.

I would like to know how to get latitude/longitude position by using this device (Leon G100 and SIM card). Have you figured it out, do you have some tips ?

Thanks in advance

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: