Go Down

Topic: Stepper store position while power off (Read 551 times) previous topic - next topic

rediculum

Hi, I tried to search for an existing topic but could not find anything.

If a stepper motor has to start on a specific angle when starting up Arduino but has been powered off at random angle, is there a way to ensure the start angle is always the same? Like start position? Servos for example are always controled by degrees, but not steppers.
I was thinking about using EEPROM or is there another way? I hope you guys understand what I mean.
Regards
ReDiculum

Project:
LASERino

Erdin

The stepper motor in a flatbed scanner and inkjet printers use often a switch or optical switch to determine the start position. So they return to the start position after power up. That is a way to be sure about the position.

You could store the current angle into EEPROM, but you have to store it even during motion. That causes a lot of EEPROM writes.
What happens if someone pushes the stepper motor a litter further if the power is off ?

Or you could use a sensor that tells the angle of the steppermotor. But I don't know what kind of sensor you could use, it depends on how the steppermotor is used.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy