Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ethernet shield + laptops internet  (Read 790 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

can you help me how to get and share my laptops internet towards my ethernet shield?

i tried to connect my shield with an ethernet cable into a laptop.. i use ICS on my laptop, i did get a static IP for lan.. but i am not able to gain access to my arduino anymore unlike when i directly plugged it to a router.. please need a help...

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

In years past a "crossover" cable was required (possibly not now). Did ICS assign an IP address to the arduino?

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

View Profile

In years past a "crossover" cable was required (possibly not now). Did ICS assign an IP address to the arduino?

yah a static ip adress.. but its not the adress the ISP assigns.. like my ISP provides an IP from 192.168.1.33 - 192.168.1.66, wheres the static IP given by the ICS was 192.168.37.1, can you help my like how to have an automatic IP adress from the ISP? with these connections..

Miramar Beach, Florida
Faraday Member
View Profile

If you are using Windows, then ICS assigns 192.168.0.1/24 to the ethernet port of the laptop. If you don't use dhcp, then you need to assign the Arduino a static ip in that range, like this:
ip = 192.168.0.2
subnet = 255.255.255.0
gateway = 192.168.0.1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: