Go Down

Topic: just to say hi :) (Read 768 times) previous topic - next topic

The_Bongmaster

I just ordered my 1st Arduino board off of eBay and am waiting for it to arrive :)

in the meantime i am looking into what i can use it for :D i like the servo controller ideas and many others i have seen on this site and other Arduino sites :D

cant wait to try things out.. gonna be prepping my breadboard, making jumper wires, and borrowing my servos from my RC plane :)

is there a way of driving a stepper motor directly from the Arduino? as i cannot get hold of any extra components at this time :(

Bng.
B-dui in creation.

MikMo

Dec 08, 2007, 04:35 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007, 04:35 pm by MikMo Reason: 1
in theory you can drive a stepper motor directly from four Arduino pins, but since each pin can only source 40mA at 5V it would probably be impossible to find a steppermotor that you can actually drive directly.

So put lots of components on your Xmas list :-)

Stuff you would want to have around:

an assortment of resistors in common values
an assortment of capacitors in common values
some small signal diodes
some power diodes (for motor stuff)
some LED's
a handfull of potentiometers in different values
different switches an push buttons
Hookupwire in various colors
a breadboard with jumper wires is good as well
and depending on what you want to do with the Arduino board different IC's for multiplexing in/out puts, driving manyLED's, driving stepper or DC motors or whatever

It doesen't have to be very expensive.

Good luck with the Arduino board

The_Bongmaster

Thanks I'll look into it :)

i got a few bits an my components box, and harvested stuff from other things.. i just wanna get used to the thing b4 i go gung-ho with it :D
B-dui in creation.

MikMo

Dec 09, 2007, 12:49 am Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007, 01:01 am by MikMo Reason: 1
Sounds clever.  I am working on a homebuilt analog modular synth http://mikmo.dk/synthstate.html so i have already gone way beyond gung-ho when we are talking about  stocking components  ;D

The_Bongmaster

I just salvaged a MC14049UBPC chip, along with a few other bits, from an old Velleman metronome kit (from Maplin UK), and looking for the data sheets online i found it can be used for driving stepper motors :)

So i should be able to use it in tandem with my Arduino :D

gonna experiment with the schematics i have to make sure it runs ok tho. :)
B-dui in creation.

The_Bongmaster

Dec 14, 2007, 06:36 pm Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 03:42 pm by The_Bongmaster Reason: 1
Oh my god its taking too long to get here :( i want to make things and i cant wait for the Arduino to arrive  :'(

why is it taking so long :( (hope its here tomorrow)

{Edit} YaY its here :D (runs off to warm up soldering iron :P )
B-dui in creation.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy