Go Down

Topic: Help needed on Force Sensitive Resistor (Read 456 times) previous topic - next topic

jose14

Hello,
Am new to arduino and ee! coming to the point, am building a smaller version of AGV for my project!and it needs to lift a weight and differentiate between weights! ex:400gms and 800gms!
Load cell was the first option,but its ruled out because its way too big for my bot!
so,can i use a Force Sensitive Resistor to differentiate betweeen weights ????(need no values or accuracy!,just the ranges!!)
can i use arduino for this?

Erdin

Can you paste a few links in your text ?
What is AVG ? Which load cell are you looking at ?

My first thougth was: "Load cell" or "force sensor".
Aren't there any small ones ?
Search for "miniature load cell" and "subminature load cell".

A Force Sensitive Resistor should be possible. But 400g could be already to much for a simple force resistor.

Perhaps you can measure the current of the motor while lifting.
In the past I made my own force sensor with a bicycle inner tube between copper. The carbon in the the inner tube had a resistance which depends on the pressure.

JimboZA

A Force Sensitive Resistor should be possible. But 400g could be already to much for a simple force resistor.

Well according to sparkfun, their small one can sense from 100g up to 10kg. It says it shouldn't be used as a scale, but I imagine it can be used for gross sensing and could probably distinguish between 400g and 800g.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

Go Up