Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with programming an LED knight-rider scanner!  (Read 1872 times)
Eugene, Oregon
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I was quoting you when I had said that. You suggested that the resistors will be in parallel, you put the word will in italics to emphasize that correct?

Also, the google search didnt really answer my question. Is it too difficult to type a whole sentence to explain why?

How can you get two resistors in series when they're inside the LEDs and the LEDs are in parallel?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:57:30 pm by Hippynerd » Logged

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

How can you get two resistors in series when they're inside the LEDs and the LEDs are in parallel?

They're not inside the LEDs.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Eugene, Oregon
View Profile

I re-drew the schematic with the resistors inside, in series, and it would only use one LED and 1 resistor at a time. It seems to me that would also be true if the resistors were in parallel with the LED. It would seem to me that if you are going to put the resistor inside the LED, you would put it in series to limit current, but it would be fixed to a specific voltage. I dont understand why you would put it in parallel though.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

I re-drew the schematic with the resistors inside, in series, and it would only use one LED and 1 resistor at a time.

Right. Now go back and read your posts.

It seems to me that would also be true if the resistors were in parallel with the LED.

Why on earth would anybody do that?

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Eugene, Oregon
View Profile

Yes, i re-read my posts, I dont know why, but I re-read it for you.

I was wondering why anyone would put the resistor in parallel, because you said:

"Not if the resistors are in parallel - which they <i>will</i> be if they're "built in". "

That leads me to believe that you know that the LEDs are in parallel (like thats how they always do it), I've never used those kinds of LEDs, but I would imagine the resistor would be series.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

Yes, i re-read my posts, I dont know why, but I re-read it for you.

I was wondering why anyone would put the resistor in parallel, because you said:

"Not if the resistors are in parallel - which they <i>will</i> be if they're "built in". "

I was replying to your post about resistors in series.

If the resistors are inside the LEDs they'll be in parallel (with each other), just like the LEDs.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: