Go Down

Topic: Challenge: horizontally / inertially stabilize a pizza on motorcycle (Read 4132 times) previous topic - next topic

jroorda

Try reading this.  It is a great intro to inertial sensing and some of the more popular chips. 

http://www.sparkfun.com/pages/accel_gyro_guide

As I said earlier if you want the platform to be inertially stable so that the pizza never has any net sideways force you could get away with a 3-axis accel.  If you want it to be geographically stable (flat to the ground)  you will need a 3-axis accel and gyro.  I don't think this would be as good for a pizza, but it would be good if you had to stabilize a camera or a satellite dish.  (More pressing problems)   I don't see a magnetometer helping you in any way. 

Hope it helps.  Feel free to ask about any specific chips, but do a little looking first.

Dnos

So today the box finally came. I built a luggage rack for it, bolted it on and loaded it up with some pizzas, a couple hoagies, and even some fountain drinks in a cupholder to see what would go wrong.

As i guessed the pizzas all slid to the right and crumpled in the box.

Now its gimbal building time.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy