Go Down

Topic: 24V sensor on arduino (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

Letnic

I got a push button and some sensor that need 24V to run but arduino can't take 24V so i want to convert them to 5V logic.
I need your help to know what is the best circuit for me.

I got 2 circuits in attachment.

Circuit 1, MOSFET and resistor, i think this circuit can work in both ways but i'm not sure, can the 2N7000 MOSFET can do this job ? Can this circuit draw to much current on the arduino ?

Circuit 2, optocoupler, i think this circuit is the safest but it don't work on both way. Is the 4N35 is enough for me ?

If you have better circuit propose me. I don't want only a voltage divider because you don't have protection on overcurrent.

Thx for your help

Peter_n

The first circuit is not working, I think the Arduino gets damaged in a microsecond.
The second one with the optocoupler is okay.

What do you mean by "both ways" ?
Is the 24V an open collector that is both input and output for the sensor ? I doubt if that is a 24V signal.
Which sensor is it ?
millis() is used in the future by remembering its value in the past

Letnic

Circuit 1 was take on the pcduino voltage translation board that transfert 5v to 3,3v logic.

I got a 24v illuminated push button and a 24v industrial led that a when to connect to my arduino. When i talk both ways i mean i can connect my led or my push button on this circuit.

Hi, you can use a plc arduino like ardbox! This plc is done with an Arduino UNO cpu. you can see in www.industrialshields.com
bye

Letnic

Hi, you can use a plc arduino like ardbox! This plc is done with an Arduino UNO cpu. you can see in www.industrialshields.com
bye

Is it open-source ?

Peter_n

Don't use circuit 1 to translate 24V to 5V in both directions.
I know it is (part of) a voltage translation, but don't use it for 24V.
millis() is used in the future by remembering its value in the past

Letnic

did someone has an idea on how to do it ?

dave-in-nj

you have two circuits.

one is an input.  the opto shows a good DC sensing line.  for AC, use an AC opto.
then use a second opto that is out from the arduino that will light the LED.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy