Go Down

Topic: Any way to salvage a blown board? (Read 244 times) previous topic - next topic

primate

Hi there, I'm not sure what I did, but something happened to my UNO board and now the computer does not recognize the board anymore when I plug it into the USB. I've read in other articles here that for all practical purposes my board is dead.

As an additional note, when I press and release the RESET button on the board, the LED on pin 13 flashes 3 times - and still nothing happens. At no point in time does the board get recognized via USB.

So my next question is: is there any way to salvage the board, or parts thereof? I heard some people try to order a new chip, etc. but have mixed results. I have no problem getting a new board, but it feels such a shame to throw away the high quality board if it can be salvaged somehow

Any help and advice will be appreciated!

Thanks,
- K.

johnwasser

Sounds like the USB-to-Serial part isn't working.  You can try to re-flash the firmware (Google for Arduino DFU) or you can use an external USB-to-Serial adapter (Google for FTDI Cable).
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy