Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Language problem  (Read 1199 times)
UK
Faraday Member
Where is your SSCCE?!?!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Oh, it's not personal confusion I'm worried about.  It's when people say they have a mega you don't know which one they are talking about.  And when you google for the mega, all you find is the 1280 mega, not the 2560 mega.

Get 10% off all 4D Systems TFT screens this month: use discount code MAJENKO10

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Oh, it's not personal confusion I'm worried about.  It's when people say they have a mega you don't know which one they are talking about.  And when you google for the mega, all you find is the 1280 mega, not the 2560 mega.

Funny, I googled on "arduino mega" and see mostly mega2560 boards links. What search term did you use?

http://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=6&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=12&gs_id=1a&xhr=t&q=arduino+mega&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=arduino+mega&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.b2U&fp=6536e23986d2c8d7&biw=1033&bih=787

Lefty

UK
Faraday Member
Where is your SSCCE?!?!
View Profile

I google for Arduino Mega - first result takes you to the old mega.  Yes, the mega2560 is listed there as the mega2560 - nothing really to tell you what is what, so you click on the mega link, and it tells you about the old one.  Nothing on the old board's page to say it's been superseded by the 2560.

Get 10% off all 4D Systems TFT screens this month: use discount code MAJENKO10

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I google for Arduino Mega - first result takes you to the old mega.  Yes, the mega2560 is listed there as the mega2560 - nothing really to tell you what is what, so you click on the mega link, and it tells you about the old one.  Nothing on the old board's page to say it's been superseded by the 2560.

Well your complaints seem pretty minor to me, but then it probably matters how long one has been following the arduino platform rather then if one joined at a later date. The product pace (for both new additions and newer revisions of older products) has been pretty hectic in recent years and the software IDE and supplied 'standard' libraries have been in a constant state of flux also. I still think they do a pretty good job of documentation as time has passed, but maybe not as perfect as you would wish.  smiley-wink

Lefty

View Profile

I have to agree with Lefty..... only found out about Arduino a few weeks ago but am impressed by the quality of both the development platform and the boards.

As I said there are a few shortcomings in the functionality of the compiler but that apart its an excellent way to get a project off the ground and flying as I have found out already with one completed project using the ATmega2560.

I have already been playing with the DUE (well the microchip version MAX32) now thats a VERY good platform, would be nice if Arduino was extended for that one to do full double precision and ascii encoding decoding but the microchip MPLABX does.
I have a project that will require 4th and 5th order curve fitting routines and they WILL require true double precision but already have the board driving a CCD array and collecting data from it in less than a day!

Keep up the good work to all at ARDUINO   smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: