Go Down

Topic: Suggestions on how to move a file from SD card to the PC (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

tas-99

I'm using the Arduino to log data on to an SD card and I would like to be able to transfer that file on the card to my Windows PC for further use.

The Arduino is connected through the USB cable but I don't have enough experience to devise this next step so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

johnwasser

Usually the easiest way is to take the SD card out of the Arduino and attach it to your PC through an SD card reader.  Some PCs come with SD slots and if your's doesn't you can buy a USB SD card reader for well under $20.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

retrolefty

Usually the easiest way is to take the SD card out of the Arduino and attach it to your PC through an SD card reader.  Some PCs come with SD slots and if your's doesn't you can buy a USB SD card reader for well under $20.

Yes I would say well under $20, try $1 on E-bay all day with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-USB-2-0-Micro-SD-Writer-TF-Memory-Card-Reader-Blue-/160891950476?pt=US_Memory_Card_Readers_Adapters&hash=item2575e8558c

The one I have came free with the purchase of a SD module.

Lefty

tas-99

The problem with moving the card to the PC is that the Arduino and SD card are on the roof recording solar data which is why I'm looking for something more convenient.

Tom

billroy

Since you have a USB serial connection to a PC, why not add a feature to your sketch to send the data from the file over the serial port and capture it on the PC side using your favorite terminal program?

-br

Go Up