Go Down

Topic: Is there many British shows on US TV? (Read 2330 times) previous topic - next topic

pluggy

Something to be said for our 88 year old funding system........  
http://pluggy.is-a-geek.com/index.html

MakerMann

Your best luck is to get netflix it show tons of british show here in the us we have afew not much on public.

Steampunk Professor

The one thing I'm not keen on is when the American versions of British shows are shown over here in the UK, they always seem to lack something, probably the dark humour we seem to like over here.

CowJam

The one thing I'm not keen on is when the American versions of British shows are shown over here in the UK

It's to remind us that we're better than our offspring. (I like your avatar pic BTW)

Steampunk Professor

I didn't think we needed reminding :)
Thanks, he's been my avatar for a good few years, I have something of a soft spot for Kosh. I must admit that yours looks brilliant.

Pauly

The new Law & Order UK is a great show if you like police shows.

CowJam

Law & Order UK is a great show

I didn't like it.  Firstly, it's got him from Coronation Street in. I can't take anything seriously with him in.

Secondly, I think there's quite a difference between British and American crime programmes and setting an american show in the UK doesn't really work very well. It also feels like it's america saying "your cop shows are crap, try one of ours".

If you want decent British crime telly try Waking the Dead, Silent Witness or Prime Suspect.  
If you're after something more lighthearted there's Midsomes Murders and Jonathan Creek.
Then there's the classic like Poirot or a modern interpretation of a classic like the recent sherlock miniseries.

Steampunk Professor

The new Sherlock series was brilliant. I nice modern variant on the stories, without ruining the stories.

Go Up