Home Automation with android, arduino, bluetooth, IR LED.

Hello arduino friends.I created a project to control all IR devices or bluetooth devices from android.I do not need 3 or 4 remote controls on my table.I use only my android smartphone.For this help arduino for convert bluetooth signals to IR pulses signals for control my devices.
Android application you can download from Google Play Market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=power.remote.control
Android send bluetooth signals to arduino + bluetooth shield and arduino with IR LED send IR pulses signals to IR receiver device.
This is my test sketch for arduino board.... SUPER IR ANDROID APPLICATIONS - ARDUINO PROJECTS

I used an arduino board duemilanove ATmega328, bluetooth module HC-07, IR LED and IR Receiver TSOP 38KHz for decode my remote controls.

Video YouTube for decode my TV remote control

Video YouTube for Remote Control

If you decode all your IR remote controls inside your home you can create a full home automation for local use or with ethernet card
from anywhere in the world via web!!!

You can use Arduino Nano V3.0 instead of Arduino duemilanove....I think it is very cheap way to make your small home automation with 20-25$ for hardware if you have mobile phone with bluetooth.

Hello arduino friends.Yesterday received the Arduino Nano V3.0 and test it with bluetooth module and IR LED.Here is the photo from connection...

I load the sketch and test it with my android and TV.Work fine!!!

Video YouTube: Android Remote Control TV or other IR devices - Video 2. - YouTube

Hello Arduino friends.I created a new android application to control your aquarium systems.
Android sends bluetooth signal to Arduino with Bluetooth module to control Valve open/close.
Also receives data to read the PH of water inside the aquarium.
Sends ValveOpen,ValveClose to Arduino.
For receive PH sends r or c for read continously.
You can download it from Google Play Market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=power.aquarium.controller
Thanks.

Hello power7net,

I've just received a HC-07 breakout board. In your picture I see that you didn't use a voltage divider for the RX line of the HC-07 so you drive it with 5V...right? This device does not seem to be 5V tolerant, and it is written on the back of that board to use 3.3V for RX line. So, I'm just wondering, did you have any problems running it as pictured ?

I'm unsure if I should bother using a voltage divider or something. I don't find many infos about those modules.

I do not use resistor for Rx,Tx and work fine....
Normally the IR LED needs resistor but i have not problems without it,because the IR pulses taken place for very small time...milisecs....

Ok, I'm finally using a voltage divider made of a 3.6K and a 1.8K resistors. Didn't want to risk the life of that pretty cool bluetooth module (that I got working within seconds!).

Good job for your Android programs BTW :slight_smile:

I use Arduino Nano V3 and Linvor BT module . I loader sketch and everything works with my LG TV!

right. i have not problems without it,because the IR pulses taken place for very small time

Hello friends,
I am working on a project of home automation in which i want to send the output of a sensor wirelessly to a central arduino uno board.
How to do this?
How to make the sensors wireless ?
Please help.
Please guide in details.
I am a beginner.

Can you tell me the distance between sensor and central arduino?
You can use Arduino + Sensor + Bluetooth module and Arduino+Bluetooth module central as receiver.
Another way for more range >10 m and cheap is the RF link.

the distance is about 40m
please suggest some of the RF modules available for arduino UNO board.
i have looked for zigbee
please comment