Go Down

Topic: Arduino Leonardo troubles reading from Serial1 (Read 4334 times) previous topic - next topic

ectar

I think I have some breakthrough ! Apparently FTDI module I have doesn't work properly, even It use to work with other setup before ! :(
I've connected it to Prolic USB/COM adapter and data is coming through.... I was so positive module is ok

ectar

Nope... still messy, now I get something over serial, but what I send not what I receive over Serial1 (COM3), instead of 1 I receive g and so on....
When I switch Putty to work with Serial (COM8) it works perfect....(same settings just different COM port) WTH !? :(

Nick Gammon

Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

ectar

Feb 26, 2013, 04:27 am Last Edit: Feb 26, 2013, 04:29 am by ectar Reason: 1
Finally!!! I got it, apparently Prolific modules doesn't work properly with Leonardo, the very first one on the picture is Prolific as well, not FTDI.
So luckily I had one actual FTDI attached to my MultiWii controller, when I've used that one - now all works!

They actually partially working , writing data from Arduino to PC was fine! But not reading! Crazy... I have no idea why it was so messy with Prolific chip based Ser/USB breakout boards, any ideas?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy