Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: midi controller  (Read 1151 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone, new to the world of arduino and just began my first project.  I am trying to build a multi effect pedal controller for guitarix.  I found this code which works for my 5 pots but doesn't work for the push buttons. Basically what I am trying to do is make the push buttons send an on off signal instead of sending Note. I cant figure out how to modify the code so that the push buttons show up as a controller number instead of a note number.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

* MIDI_Controller.ino (19.25 KB - downloaded 17 times.)

Netherlands
View Profile

Hi, I made a MIDI-controller with a Teensy with Arduino bootloader, but I thought you can't send buttonstates without a note, like its always 'Note on' or 'Note off'. Pots are a little bit different when using MIDI because they need to go form 0 to 127 in value.

Sorry about my English, I'm a Dutchman!

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

is there no midi command for "all notes off"?

YOu could make it so that if a potmeter is below some low value it sends this "note"
(no midi expert)

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Nice, France
View Profile

is there no midi command for "all notes off"?

Yes. Use a Channel Mode Message for that. B0 7B 00 sets all notes off on channel 1.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: