Go Down

Topic: Steppers 28BYJ-48 for webcam pan-tilt (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

sbright33

If you have a mechanical stop then 2 methods become possible.  Just rotate long enough so you know you are at the limit.  Or use my library to detect the change in current to a winding when it hits the stop.  Only a resistor is needed for hardware using this code.
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

d00m

harriscreekcentral

Thank you. So did you use encoder in your project ? And seems you used nema23 motor - seems easy install encoder because of size of motor..
in my case I have only my little stepper (
Also I will try to use nema11, but I still need to know which encoders should I use.

sbright33
Thank you too. Could you please give some examples of code with your library ? I am really interested with it but still can't understand how to use your functions ( 

sbright33

Check out the beginning of this post.  You can test my code with only 1 line or by uncommenting a few lines in my Setup()/Loop().
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,89159.0

Here's the newest code:
https://gist.github.com/sbright33/4178431

Start with this in loop():
degrpmslowCool(1,180*100,1000);  //180 degrees at 10 rph speed

which calls:
void degrpmslowCool(boolean bcw, long deg100, int rph100)
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

rwiens

Sbright33 do you have plans to turn your code into a library at some point?  Are there specific tests you would like people to do or just try and break it?  I got one of the 28BYJ-48/ULN2003 combos mostly just to play around with (and partially because I couldn't believe it only cost $2.50).

harriscreekcentral

Hi D00m

Thank you. So did you use encoder in your project ? And seems you used nema23 motor - seems easy install encoder because of size of motor..
in my case I have only my little stepper (

Just to keep things straight, I am kinda jumping from one project to the next.  My FIRST encounter was using the 28BYJ-48-5 motor and the little  ULN2003 board that comes with it from Ebay.   I got this set up running but only at 1 rpm.  I have to go in and change  the code to increase the speed, and maybe also figure out how to write the code to go Clockwise and Counter clockwise. At my age (75) codes are definately a foreign language.  But I am here to have fun.

My second project is from the Arduino "UNO" c/w the 1602 LCD Shield, and  using the A4988 or 4983 board to now make this little (28BYJ-48-5) motor react to the command that I program into the LCD Screen.  This is where I refered you to the Chuck Fellows YouTube video so you could see what I was trying to do.  So far I have the motor buzzing, but I will not advance or retract a position. I read in one of the postings to try editing the pin sequence.  So again I'm back to the "Learning Experiences". To answer you question I am using no encoder.
Harvey
in Kelowna, BC

Go Up