Go Down

Topic: Inex Sound Detector Board with band pass filter (Read 2282 times) previous topic - next topic

I am new to robotic, but with background in electronic and big interest. I am on a project where I want my robot to spot me when I whistle. My idea is to use a  Inex Sound Detector Board and to put a band pass filter between the output and the arduino analog input. Will this work like that ? without amplification ? just putting in serie the Inex sound detector board and my home made band pass filter ?

I did a similar project back in 89 where I used two tone decoders UM3763 to detect two different frequencies of whistles to make a Sheep Dog simulator game.

The text is still there but I am not sure about the schematic.

The problem with a band pass filter is that it is not that precise and a large off frequency tone can also trigger it.

WAW Cool !
Thanks a lot, I will dig on the side of UM3763, but I will also see how good can work a band pass filter, but as you said it might be not efficient enough. And I'm impress 1989, I was 4 back then ;-) Do you know if this UM3763 is still available, or if there is any new version of it ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131