Go Down

Topic: manual and smaple code for DFRobotics relay shield 2.1 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I asked a friend of me to (help him) to buy a plain 8 port relay for his arduino project.
To my surprise he came  back with 2 Arduino compatible shields from DFRobot both are 4 ports. (2 times 4 makes 8 too)
One is the 1.2 version and the other is the 2.1 version.

The 2.1 version is a mystery for me,
Even Google image search doesn't know of its assistance.
I couldn't find any documentation on their site about this product, but based on their forum some people use it too.
So i was hoping maybe someone knows where the manual can be downloaded, and the sample code.

Another thing i note these boards have a power connector, that surprises me a little as a relay board shouldn't use that much power wouldn't an Arduino Uno be enough to power them ?, or is it common that shield boards have a power connector, i never before had the luxury of a real arduino compatible shield.. so i wonder why this is  (they didn't put 2 extra DC adapters in.. so i doubt its required).

PS (i asked this question on their site too, but out of experience i know the most advanced arduino engineers are on this site, i think i will have better luck here)

Feb 26, 2013, 11:18 pm Last Edit: Feb 26, 2013, 11:20 pm by Chagrin Reason: 1

Might not list your particular board but it explains the relay board genre very well.

You should anticipate that the relays will require ~100ma per relay when energized and that's why they need external power. If you look up the specs for the particular model relay (google the part number) you'll get a more definitive answer.

Thanks handy for the abbreviations written on the board.
But the point is the 2.1 board has some switches, and i like to know their function too.

I asume this board might use some other protocol to switch and those switches might set ID's or something like that.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131