Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Controller for rc flight models like helicopters, quadcopters and tilt-rotors  (Read 2885 times)
Munich
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I only got theoretical background so far, no practical. I'm studying mechanical engineering and focused on the development and flightphysics of helicopter. But if I start with one axis of a regular helicopter, develop a control of a quadcopter... I get the experience necessary to develop the V22. I'll start on my master thesis in the field of flight test at Eurocopter on Friday. That's how I plan on finding out, what to do with all the data of the sensors:D

Faraday Member
View Profile

So you got a ten year project,   and you are concerned about obsolescence ?

Munich
View Profile

What do you mean with obsolescence?

This is not about flying a V22, if I wanted to do this, I'd just save 2000€ and go for the model of rotormast;) If it takes 10 years, I got an interesting hobby for 10 years. I'm fine with that:D

Denmark
Edison Member
Happy Hobbyist
View Profile

You can find a lot of design tips here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/vtols-360/

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

Do you think the resources of one chip wouldn't be enough? I'd like to reduce weight, where possible. The mechanical structure will be heavy enough...

10 years is a pessimistic guess:D It'll definitely take a couple of years, especially after I read, that another well-known company tried to develop a V22 and canceled the project, because it turned out to be to complex. I hope my theoretical background in developing helicopters leads to success:D

You want to reduce weight, use a surface-mount minimal Duino like a Teensy or Nano or just chip in a socket with components and wires soldered to the socket legs.

Your motor-drivers and batteries will be massive compared. Even the wiring will weigh more.

I suggest sub-systems to make programming and design changes easier. But don't put full size Arduino's in there. Those are development boards.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

Can I adapt the code running on the KK2? I thought I can only set the configuration of the airframe and overlay some inputs. At least that's what i figured out reading the manual...

The software is open source. I expect you will need to change some of it to suit your airframe configuration. You will be able to change any of it you want - although figuring out how it works and what changes you need might be difficult.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Munich
View Profile

@Erni: Thanks for the link. I'm sure, I can get some ideas from all the projects listed there...

@GoForSmoke: I'll think about it. For now, I'd be better of with a development board. Maybe I'll solder something myself. I thought you mean I use like 4 Arduinos:D

@PeterH: I expected the manual to contain all relevant information about the project, so I didn't consider it anymore... In this case, I reckon I should reconsider. Especially because everything I need is there already, like accelerometers and gyros...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: