Go Down

Topic: GOTO is back (Read 5090 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

... breaking out of deeply nested logic is one potential area (provided you don't break a stack or something);  ...

That was what exceptions were designed to do.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Vrizla

I love this thread!!!!!

weedpharma

Maybe it belongs with the Irish Basic statement "come from".

Weedpharma

MorganS

Maybe it belongs with the Irish Basic statement "come from".

Weedpharma
You obviously never programmed Fortran then. The basic looping construct specified a line number which would be the end of the loop and that line number could contain a regular statement, with no indication that the next statement to be executed was probably not the statement immediately below.

weedpharma

You obviously never programmed Fortran then. The basic looping construct specified a line number which would be the end of the loop and that line number could contain a regular statement, with no indication that the next statement to be executed was probably not the statement immediately below.
Not never programmed Fortran, just have forgotten absolutely every detail I once learnt!

Weedpharma

Nick Gammon

I did a lot of coding in Fortran. The GOTO was the only way of looping (at least in Fortran-66 or whatever-it-was) so you had to use it.

But, honestly, you could write some truly appalling code in Fortran.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

JimboZA

But, honestly, you could write some truly appalling code in Fortran.
And I did....

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy