Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ntx2 with transistor for antenna?  (Read 465 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have 2 questions.

Is it possible to connect the output of the ntx2 to a high-power transistor to increase the signal?

And is there a library that allows me to use receiving data with my own program? I'd either use C# or python to write that program. I will be sending serial data from the ntx2 transmitter and receive with a radio connected into my computer.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Is it possible to connect the output of the ntx2 to a high-power transistor to increase the signal?
That all depends on what "the ntx2" is, wouldn't you think?

And is there a library that allows me to use receiving data with my own program?
Data from what? Sent where? In an Arduino program or a PC program?

I will be sending serial data from the ntx2 transmitter and receive with a radio connected into my computer.
The HardwareSerial class (Serial is an instance) has everything you need to send data to the serial port. What to use on the PC is up to you. What languages are you familiar with? C# makes it really easy to read from and write to the serial port.

View Profile

The ntx2 is a type of a transmitter.

Data from the NTX2.

Thanks!

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

No not just a transistor you need an amplifier, probably a linear one depending on the modulation your transmitter uses. The other down side is that it is probably illegal because it will exceed the permitted output power on that band and it will no longer be a type approved transmitter.
Making an RF linear amplifier is not something you can do without quite expensive test equipment.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: