Go Down

Topic: What it should all be about. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Boffin1

You can turn on YouTube's automatic captioning.

Thanks Nick, I have never noticed that before !

As to logical thinking ( Rob and all you programming wizards )  does your family also refuse to play Cluedo with you ?

My family got so annoyed when I would be putting ticks and question marks on my special sheet when other people were asking 3rd parties if they had the dagger or whatever  :-)

Now its only Monopoly they will play with me, but its great fun watching the grandchildren get so upset when they cant pay the rent at the end of the game,  they laugh at themselves afterwards  .
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Boffin1

"bring along some TNT to spite the guns"

reminds me of the line in CCR.s " bad moon rising "  that sounds just like " theres a bathroom on the right "
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Graynomad

I've never played Cluedo, now Monopoly I used to like but I was never that good with money. Still aren't :)

My wife doesn't hear that well so we usually have the captions on the TV. It's often hilarious to see what gets printed when you can hear exactly what was said.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

cjdelphi

I was thinking (after watching this video)

I told my daughter and showed her the video and it certainly sparked an interest off and now she's asking to try programming again (tried once already without much success)

And there's really no intermediary for kids in her age group, 10+, she's not happy with a simple drag and drop, but not yet able to grasp a complete language, something between those two to simplify it would be very nice to hand out to schools to teach with.

or has anyone seen something?

Nick Gammon

GameMaker, although I haven't used it recently.

http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/studio

There is a scripting language, but you don't have to use it for simple to intermediate games.

You create things (eg. monsters) and have them move in a way you can set by setting properties (eg. move right at speed 5). Then you set up events (eg. if collide with wall, bounce back, if collide with player, kill player).

Go Up