Go Down

Topic: X-Bee communication (Read 400 times) previous topic - next topic

chaotic

Hi,

I have set up 2 Arduino microcontrollers with 2 xbees and I am trying to control  a servo motor on one with a potentiometer on the other.  I have it all set up and the xbees are configured but when I turn the potentiometer the servo just shakes a bit , does anyone know of any possible solutions to this or even a suggestion to what may be wrong.

thanks a million

fungus

Hi,

I have set up 2 Arduino microcontrollers with 2 xbees and I am trying to control  a servo motor on one with a potentiometer on the other.  I have it all set up and the xbees are configured but when I turn the potentiometer the servo just shakes a bit , does anyone know of any possible solutions to this or even a suggestion to what may be wrong.

Have a look at the numbers being received. See if they match the numbers being sent.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

oric_dan

There are a zillion possible reasons for trouble. First, check out the "Networking,
Protocols, and Devices" section, and you'll see 6 or 8 threads going on right now with
people having XBee problems.

Secondly, the correct way to proceed is to decompose your system into individual parts,
and get each part working correctly by itself, and ONLY then put everything back together.

Eg, step 1 = get the pot to control the servo reliably without the XBees in the chain.
And to do that, you probably want to first do step 0 = get the Arduino to control the
servo reliably without the pot in the chain. On and on.

Go Up