Go Down

Topic: Just Bought An UNO R3!! Using it on a car? (Read 597 times) previous topic - next topic

Just got my first arduino. I have a very limited knowledge on C programming but I'm anxious to learn.  Are there any cool car hacks you can do with an arduino?  Stuff like changing ignition timing or altering air/fuel ratios?

kenny_-_

There is ODBDuino http://code.google.com/p/opengauge/wiki/OBDuino, but this is something that you wan't to do when you have some knowledge. I would start with blinking LEDs and than some serial stuff and look from there.

Graynomad

I have a very limited knowledge on C programming...changing ignition timing or altering air/fuel ratios?

Your current ability and ambitions are somewhat at odds, unless of course you have a backup car to use while you get the first one running again :)

A much safer thing to do may be to just monitor stuff with OBD until you can write reliable and safe programs, then have a go at controlling things.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy