Go Down

Topic: Problem with atmega 644 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

flak88

Ok Ive made the changes and now im getting when I try and upload the following error "avrdude : stk500_getsync(): not in sync:resp=0x49".Tried mighty_opt.build.mcu=atmega644 and mighty_opt.build.mcu=atmega644p made no difference.

pito

Try with low_fuse=0xF7. Do you have the auto reset circuit working properly? (100nf capacitor from DTR to reset, a 10k pullup from reset to Vcc).

flak88

@pito yes I can confirm it does upload on 0023 arudino IDE so circuitry is fine but not any other version like the latest 1.0.3 for some reason.Ive tried pulling rst to gnd quickly then back to vcc via 10k resistor just before I click the upload button and still get error "avrdude : stk500_getsync(): not in sync:resp=0x49" .

retrolefty

@pito yes I can confirm it does upload on 0023 arudino IDE so circuitry is fine but not any other version like the latest 1.0.3 for some reason.Ive tried pulling rst to gnd quickly then back to vcc via 10k resistor just before I click the upload button and still get error "avrdude : stk500_getsync(): not in sync:resp=0x49" .

So what bootloader do you have burned into your 644 chip and what board.txt entry did you end up using?

Lefty

flak88

Im using this board.txt

Code: [Select]

##############################################################

mighty_opt.name=Mighty 644p 16MHz using Optiboot
mighty_opt.upload.protocol=arduino
mighty_opt.upload.maximum_size=63488
mighty_opt.upload.speed=115200
mighty_opt.bootloader.low_fuses=0xF7
mighty_opt.bootloader.high_fuses=0xde
mighty_opt.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xfd
mighty_opt.bootloader.path=optiboot
bobuino644.bootloader.file=optiboot_atmega644p-4-5.hex
mighty_opt.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
mighty_opt.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F
mighty_opt.build.mcu=atmega644
mighty_opt.build.f_cpu=16000000L
#mighty_opt.build.core=arduino:arduino
mighty_opt.build.core=standard
mighty_opt.build.variant=standard

Im not sure 100% which boot loader is on my 644 pretty sure its sanguino.

Go Up