Go Down

Topic: I want to read video "Run Time" from realPlayer in Aduino Uno (Read 454 times) previous topic - next topic

What I am trying to do is synchronize a "real world" machine with a video playing in realPlayer. I currently am using a Ardunio Uno to call - (start)- a video in realPlayer. I do this by using the USB interface Gobetwino. I also use Gobetwino to call Enounce MySpeed and then speed up or slow down the video which is playing in realPlayer with digital inputs that I enter into the Uno. I now am trying to get feed back as to where the video is at during the playback. I want to use this to synchronize the position of the machine based on where - in time - the video is playing. On realPlayer there is a timer which shows where the video is at. This timer speeds up and slows down depending on how fast I have the video running based on my control of the video through Enounce MySpeed. If I could find a way to read this time into Excel every few seconds, I could then read it into the UNO using Gobetwino.

I may be in way over my head but does anyone have any ideas or could you point me in a direction? I am not a programmer but if I can what questions to ask would be a great help in finding someone who I could hire to do this for me.

sonnyyu

Mar 03, 2013, 07:25 am Last Edit: Mar 03, 2013, 07:27 am by sonnyyu Reason: 1
check out

Development around VLC media player

VLC media player is open source software same is Arduino, and it support more video format than realPlayer.

Sonnyyu,

Thanks for the VLC link! I have switched my video application to this instead of using realPlayer. This allows me to eliminate using Enounce MYSpeed as VLC offers video speed control as a built in feature. I am able to control the VLC HotKeys through Gobetwino and speed up and slow down the video nicely using my digital inputs.

I still need to figure out how to capture the "video play time" from VLC but with it being open source I should have a much better chance. I will be posting on VLC's forum to see if I can get pointed in the right direction. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Again thanks!

Go Up