Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Humanless cab - battery simulation  (Read 300 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey folks, first let me say great community you have here, keep it up!
In our institute we are trying to simulate human-less transportation. They can be cabs on either railway or road.
we will use arduino cars to simulate first. Then if the project succeeds we will have real ones smiley
I am the one who will simulate the battery consumption. let's say like if 3 person is onboard battery will be discharged 100mA/min or no person on board 65mA/min, or the road conditions (uphill-downhill) and so on.
I wanna simulate 2250mAh li-po battery, to give estimated time, like computers, cell phones. And if battery is low the car needs to go to station for charging.

I know little bit of arduino.  I was thinking connecting buttons and lcd to arduino then when buttons are pressed multipliers on the formula will change.
And the program will count down from 2250 till reserved power ~150mAh

do you guys think this is feasible or do you have any sample codes?
any help is appreciated.

btw i just realized that i did not introduced myself, I am studying computer science/engineering. 3rd year student

Caner

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

I am the one who will simulate the battery consumption. let's say like if 3 person is onboard battery will be discharged 100mA/min or no person on board 65mA/min, or the road conditions (uphill-downhill) and so on.

Given that you're a third year student and taking responsibility for managing battery discharge rates, it's rather alarming that you don't seem to know the units for current.  smiley-razz

It's feasible to simulate a battery discharge as you describe, but I don't see the point. If that's all you want, you might as well write a PC application that prints down a sequence of numbers from 100% to 0%. Wouldn't it be more meaningful to demonstrate that you can measure the actual discharge of a real battery and track the battery charge level accurately?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:15:32 am by PeterH » Logged

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

View Profile

Given that you're a third year student and taking responsibility for managing battery discharge rates, it's rather alarming that you don't seem to know the units for current.  smiley-razz

It's feasible to simulate a battery discharge as you describe, but I don't see the point. If that's all you want, you might as well write a PC application that prints down a sequence of numbers from 100% to 0%. Wouldn't it be more meaningful to demonstrate that you can measure the actual discharge of a real battery and track the battery charge level accurately?
Well, yes it would be better if i could measure the actual discharge of a battery and charge level but i don't know how to start it with arduino.
and also i might not be knowing units properly, i am here to learn, so teach me master  PeterH, seriously smiley
measuring the actual level is perfect, but i also got to have a simulation model.

Lost Wages
View Profile

You could use the Adafruit LCD shield at https://www.adafruit.com/products/772

It has a few buttons on it for start/stop and the various loads.

It is a kit, but it is reasonably priced and comes with an Arduino library to ease your coding chores.

Lost Wages
View Profile

It looks like the Adafruit part is sold out.

Here's another http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-1602-lcd-keypad-shield-for-arduino-duemilanove-uno-mega2560-mega1280.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: