Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hard erase and programming port  (Read 573 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I have looking through google and saw several answer about this related "erase button" subject, but I didn't find an answer corresponding exactly to my question.

Just a little context:
I have a "Arduino Due" which is connected to my laptop (a basic Ubuntu 12.04) on "programming port", Arduino IDE 1.5.2.
When I want to send a sketch on the Arduino's microcontroller, I need before the upload to press on the "erase button". If I didn't press on it, an error message appears saying "No device found on ttyACM0" (my arduino is rightly connected on this ttyACM0...).
If I press on the erase button and upload, then there is no problem ; The sketch is correctly upload on the Arduino.

So my question is: Do I need to press the erase button before uploading a sketch everytime ?
I thought that the IDE do it itself (software erase) ; But it seems not.

Regards,

Laurent.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

The onboard ATMega16U2 is supposed to "press" the erase button for you using a FET across the switch.

You say "Arduino Due", does that means it's not an official board, maybe yours doesn't have that feature, or maybe something is broken.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

View Profile

Ok, but when the  onboard is supposed to perform the erase operation ?  When it detects the upload of a sketch ?

What do you mean by "not an official board" ? In my case, it's exactly the same that here: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoDue .
I don't think that something is broken, I have 2 boards and the same behaviour happens with both.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

when the  onboard is supposed to perform the erase operation ?  When it detects the upload of a sketch ?
Yes, AFAIK.

What do you mean by "not an official board" ?
You put the words 'Arduino' and 'Due' in quotes, that would normally indicate that it's not a real one.

I have 2 boards and the same behaviour happens with both.
Then I can' t explain it, maybe some quirk of running under Ubuntu.

_____
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

View Profile

Ok, my double quote was just a mistake.

I will try with Windows, maybe it will works. However, I noticed that the Arduino IDE 1.5 is not a stable version ... maybe a side effect, idk.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: