Go Down

Topic: Documenting your project (Read 917 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Guys,
I've been using a Canon Poweshot to take pics of projects. Initially I connected a USB cable to transfer them into my PC, but the connection seemed slow and the interconnect software clumsy.  So I bailed on that, and have just been pulling the SD card and moving it into my PC to grab the pictures from Explorer.
Yesterday, I found a new toy at Bestbuy - EyeFi.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eye-Fi+-+Wireless+Connect+X2+4GB+Secure+Digital+High+Capacity+(SDHC)+Memory+Card/9765392.p?id=1218169696870&skuId=9765392
Comes with a USB socket that looks like an SD card reader, and serves as the WiFi receiver; the SD card is a transmitter and goes into the camera.
Setup on WinVista was smooth. Now I take a picture, after 5-6 seconds I get a little indicator showing the picture as it is downloaded, and saved to my hard drive.  Pretty neat!

I must admit I wouldn't have bought it normally, I had this $50 Reward Card that was expiring, and I was just going to get a 16 or 32GB SD card when I saw the package and figured I'd save some wear & tear on the SD card socket.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Guess I need to check picture size before I post too ...
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

robtillaart

nice tool, pretty picture!, I like al those 7 segments lying around ;)
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

CrossRoads

You should see the pile of ribbon cable for all the displays - like a massive mound of gray fettucini noodles!
I've got 8 shift registers multiplexed to control them all, one controlling the anodes, the rest controlling 56 common cathodes. Biggest issue to getting it working was typos in the code.

retrolefty

I must admit I wouldn't have bought it normally, I had this $50 Reward Card that was expiring,

In California they passed a law that gift cards sold in the state can never expire. That was quite a nice income stream for some companies as people would forget or misplace them or have very small balances on such cards. I use to almost hate receiving them as gifts but it's not so bad now.

Lefty

CrossRoads

In MA, Gift Cards don't expire either. This was a Best Buy Rewards Zone card, received it in the mail after buying a TV, so it's apparently not considered a Gift Card.

liudr

CrossRoads, nice toy but you're old fashion! ;)

I sometimes use my phone to document projects etc. (such as a full white board with my class notes) and I have dropbox app on my phone and all computers I use. Moments after I take a shot, the picture appears on every computer inside the dropbox folder, which looks like a regular folder. It's cloud computing :) Well, for really important shots I use my Sony HX200V but only my wife's new laptop can read its SDXC card.

CrossRoads

To each his own. I can this, my wife can, my son can ...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy