Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to get touch feature working with 7" TFT screen  (Read 117 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

using an arduino mega, the elecfreaks tft shield, and 7" screen with SSD1963_800 controller. i've got the screen displaying properly (for the most part, sometimes it seems to miss a few colors) but i cannot get it to recognize touch input. i can't get past the "touch screen to continue" on the UTouch calibration example.

some relevant code is:
Code:
UTFT        myGLCD(SSD1963_800,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!
UTouch      myTouch(6,5,4,3,2);

void setup()
{
  myGLCD.InitLCD();
  myGLCD.clrScr();

myTouch.InitTouch();
  myTouch.setPrecision(PREC_MEDIUM);
}

*edit*
it's working now! first problem, something happened with the hardware and the touch feature wasn't working on ANY of my screens, and i didn't notice cause the problem occurred the same time i switched to the large screen. got that figured out (actually it fixed itself) and then the quickdraw example was drawing stuff either scaled to one side, or would detect touch in portrait but draw in landscape.

solved this problem by looking in the calibrate example, and found that by default the touch orientation for calibration was set to portrait! changed to landscape and now everything is working, except i THINK i'm still having an issue with red displaying correctly
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:19:46 pm by isaac_alaska » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: