Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino to create audio feedback from PC  (Read 628 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, my project involves me taking force measurements from a force sensor(Tekscan) and then creating a audio beep when the force reaches a certain value i.e., 35 Newtons. This is my first time being exposed to Arduino to complete the task. Is there someone out there that has done this kind of project, or can someone point me in the right direction? At this moment, what I understand is that I have to pin the force sensors onto a basic circuit and then connecting it to the microcontroller. But I don't really know what happens after that.

Thanks in advance!

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

But I don't really know what happens after that.
Then why are you doing this project? Sounds like a school assignment to me.

In which case, you are expected, silly as it sounds, to actually LEARN something.

View Profile

Yes, this is a school assignment, I'm just trying to find out what the best software for having the computer beep when it reaches a certain point since this is a forum that should help me. I wanted to gather resources online to see what my options are but I guess it isn't going to work out.

The present
nom nom nom
View Profile

assuming this force sensor is analog, use the serial monitor to find what value the sensor returns to find your threshold (35 newtons, or whatever your need is), and create a simple "if" statement- If your sensor pin > threshold, it powers a pizeo element. no computer needed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:03:41 pm by Ta_anders » Logged

where am I?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Yes, this is a school assignment, I'm just trying to find out what the best software for having the computer beep when it reaches a certain point since this is a forum that should help me.
There isn't any off-the-shelf, ready-to-run software that is going to read free-form data from the serial port and activate the speaker.

You need to define the format of the serial data, and use an application like Processing to create a sketch that listens to the serial monitor, reads data that arrives, and makes happy noises (or sad noises).

Or, as Ta_anders says, use a piezo speaker and forget about the PC.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Two duplicate posts on the same topic now languishing in the recycling bin.

@OP:  Do NOT cross-post - IT WASTES TIME.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: