Go Down

Topic: can crusher  (Read 656 times) previous topic - next topic

stuckryan

hello there is an awsome can crusher on youtuve  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYM9kJFZgmg 
i want to make something like this  i know the guy used arduino 
what would i need to make this in the video he has a laptop hooked up to it  will these board store a program ?

im new to all this and this may be a little more than im capeable of  but im hoping i can get the help to make it happen
thanks

Paul_KD7HB

Do you have all the mechanical parts done?

Paul

griffin175

All you would really need is a sensor to tell the arduino to activate the can crushing procedure and motors to move the can. It could be a very simple program and the rest is mechanical. You can store the program on the arduino so you dont need a computer plugged into it all the time.

What you'll need:

1. Some way to detect the can, like a phototransistor and led
2. A stepper motor to move the can under the hydraulic piston
3. Another motor to drop the can

Your program will start with waiting for the sensor to say there's a can, then moving the can into position, activating the piston, retracting the piston, dropping the can, and finally moving the tray back and waiting for another can.

You could probably get it down to one motor and one sensor with a clever mechanical design

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy