Go Down

Topic: Positionable 360 servo (Read 652 times) previous topic - next topic

Erasermaster

I am familiar with the convention 180 degree servo where you can tell it
Code: [Select]

servo.write(86);

and it will move to 86 degrees but is there a similar servo motor out there that can do that but with the capability of 360 degrees? I know that most 360 degree servo motors have a calibrated stop position and if the given angle to go to is 92 degrees and the center position is 90 degrees then it will turn slowly and never stop. I am looking for a motor that will stop at 92 degrees and will hold that position the same way that a normal 180 servo does. Does anybody know where I could find one?

retrolefty

Yes there are a few available models. But there is sure a lot of confusion and misleading product descriptions when dealing with "360 degree servos" and "modified ex-servos" that are in fact continuous rotation bidirectional geared motor drives that can not longer be commanded to a specific position and stopped there.

This one is still a 'true servo' that can be positioned anywhere in it's 360 degree travel range.

http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/522

Lefty

Ta_anders

i don't think they exist- i need some though!   $) you could find a 2:1 (or 1:2?) gearbox, though, and modify it to fit a servo if it doesn't already.
where am I?

retrolefty

i don't think they exist- i need some though!   $) you could find a 2:1 (or 1:2?) gearbox, though, and modify it to fit a servo if it doesn't already.

While few, they do exist, often called sail wench servos.

Lefty

Erasermaster

Are these Servos able to execute commands like
Code: [Select]

servo.write(243);

AWOL

sail wench

Just in case you end up with some unexpected Google results, that's "winch".
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Grumpy_Mike

Also the Mindstorms Lego motor works like this where you can specify a rotation angle.

Go Up